Talal Abu-Ghazaleh and UNDP Agreement:
The Information and Communication Technology for Development in the Arab Region (ICTDAR) programme at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in partnership with the Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Organization (TAG-Org) officially launched on April 30, 2007, the “ Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Toolbox(M/SME Toolbox),” at the Talal Abu-Ghazaleh College of Business -German Jordanian University in Amman.
The M/SME Toolbox is a new, creative business tool intended to help entrepreneurs and business owners to increase their productivity and efficiency through the use of ICT.
A practical, user-friendly tool to introduce M/SME owners and entrepreneurs to the basics of business management, the M/SME toolbox is available in CD ROM in Arabic, English, and French.
What is the M/SME’s Toolbox Program?
M/SME Toolbox is a component of ICTDAR’s larger MASHROATI initiative, which focuses on the use of Technology to support M/SME’s in the Arab region through the provision of support hubs for capacity building and training.
MASHROATI initiative utilizes ICT as a tool to boost productivity and contribute to the global effort to reduce poverty in line with the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
The Toolbox covers nine aspects of SMEs management basics. These nine elements are the fundamentals to successfully operate an SME.
M/SME’s Toolbox Program Objectives:
This program is dedicated to achieve change and connect countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life.
It helps people in each country to find their own solutions to global and national development challenges and in finding alternatives while facing the current economic crisis.
Who can benefit from this program?
• Individuals who want to start their own business.
• Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s)
• Funding Agencies
• National Organizations (Social, economic and human development organizations)
• Governmental Sector
• Empowerment Projects for Women and Youth.
Advantages of M/SME’s Toolbox Program:
• The program is presented in three languages, English Arabic, and French.
• It opens new and creative horizons to people by providing them with the independency they need.
• It walks you step by step to open your own new business
• It is suitable for all kinds of Enterprises(Micro, Small and Medium)
• It is a road map that tells the entrepreneurs of what they should do.
• It contains practical solutions, quizzes and working papers to help you understand all the materials.
• It is suitable for all sectors due to its simplicity.